Zoe has been asking for tacos since before the move. With most of our kitchen stuff in boxes, there was just no way we could make tacos until after the move. We got the kitchen finished this weekend, and I made this Taco Ring Bake to satisfy Zoe’s taco craving.
The day we came and looked at the new townhouse, I fell in love with it. Every time we brought stuff over to it, I was always paying close attention to the time of day and the light in the house. I have been super anxious to post recipes to the blog, because I wanted to play around with the amazing natural light in the house. I was not disappointed.
Added to the amazing light, is my beautiful kitchen with actual counter space! I can take pretty pictures in my kitchen too, which is something I couldn’t do before the move. The light in the kitchen is best in the morning, (hello breakfast recipes) and in the living room in the evening. I am so excited about the possibilities.
So, let’s get on with today’s recipe. This taco bake is super easy to make, and it according to Zoe is just as good as “real tacos” without all the mess. I like this recipe because it’s quick, it’s easy, and it doesn’t require a lot of prep. It also allows you to “dress up” your tacos however you want, with whatever extras you like.
Taco Ring Bake
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 2 tubes crescent rolls
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1/2 cup salsa
- Shredded lettuce
- Shredded cheese
- Sour Cream
- Green onions
- Any other condiments you want to add to your tacos
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Brown ground beef, drain
- Place crescent rolls around round baking sheet, wide ends in the center, slightly overlapping, pointed ends hanging over edge of baking sheet
- Add taco seasoning, water and half the shredded cheese to browned ground beef
- Spread meat mixture around crescent ring
- Top with remaining shredded cheese
- Drizzle salsa over cheese.
- Fold pointed ends over top of the filling and tuck under crescent dough
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until crescent rolls are golden brown
- Top with additional condiments of choice
*adapted from CD Kitchen Taco Ring
I have done another taco bake recipe on here before. What can I say,we like our tacos, I just really hate the prep time, and the mess. This recipe is really quick and simple, and I am all about the quick and simple. Especially since I am still unpacking our stuff and getting us all settled into our new home.
It’s good to be blogging again. It’s going to take a minute to get back into the groove, after being gone, but I am excited about what’s to come in the future!