There are some nights during the week that we need fast easy dinners that everyone likes. Alfredo is always a hit around here, so I knew this Tortellini Alfredo would be a hit, even with peas.
Alfredo is one of my family’s go to meals. Whether it’s chicken Alfredo or tortellini Alfredo it is always going to be a hit. But I don’t always have time to make the sauce from scratch. Another bonus is, the peas are mixed in and that means there’s less “I don’t want to eat the vegetables” at the table.
This quick and easy tortellini Alfredo takes 20 minutes to make and the cream cheese makes a delicious alfredo sauce.
- 2 pkgs (9 oz.) three cheese tortellini, uncooked
- 1/2 cup (4 oz.) cream cheese spread
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 2 cups chopped ham
- Cook tortellini per package directions. Drain, and set aside.
- In saucepan, add milk, and both cheeses. Mix well.
- Stir in peas, and tortellini.
- Cover and cook over medium low heat until sauce thickens, stirring occasionally (approx 5 minutes).
- Stir in ham and cook until heated.
I make this on nights Zoe has Girls on the Run because I can’t start cooking until after I pick her up. This fits the bill nicely, because it’s quick, easy, tastes great and can be made in one saucepan, so preparation and clean up are minimal.